“Many years ago Ron Paul received a $500 donation from the leader of Stormfront, a racist, white nationalist organization. Ron Paul publicly refused to return the money, and many people saw the fact that he kept it as proof positive that he is indeed a racist.
But is a donation from one person enough to indict him for racism? Honestly, no, probably not. That alone is not enough to indict him for racism. But if you pair that up with 10 quotes directly from Ron Paul that make him sound incredibly racist, it’s hard to believe otherwise. Read the quotes for yourself, and see if you believe Ron Paul is a racist.
1. ?”We don’t think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That’s true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such.”
2. “What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn’t that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?”
3. ”Six-hundred-thousand Americans died in the senseless Civil War. No, he should not have gone to war. He did this just to enhance and get rid of the original tenet of the Republic.” -Regarding the Civil War
4. ”Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. These aren’t my figures, that is the assumption you can gather from” the report.”
5. “Contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.” -On the 40th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act
6. “The Criminals who terrorize our cities – in riots and on every non-riot day – are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are.”
7. “I wouldn’t vote against getting rid of the Jim Crow laws.” -When asked if he would have voted for the Civil Rights Act.
8. “Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action.”
9. “Immigrants can spread diseases for which we may have no immunity. There is also the question of crime and culture. Many immigrants come from countries with different legal structures and are not willing to behave in the way we expect American citizens to behave.”
10. “There is no such thing as a hate crime.” “
this is so overwhelmingly offensive! i am not sure what world ron paul lives in…i can’t imagine it is earth, as it is today. i don’t care the context in which he said these things, they are absolutely racist remarks, and the fact that they are said so flippantly proves he has no care that he is a big ol’ bigot! this man should not be allowed to be in politics, at all, ever on any platform. it is obvious that he will not take people of color into consideration when dealing with legislation, and if he does consider them it is in a slanted, hateful way! his caricature of the big black man criminal, who is ignorant and just wants food stamps is not only ignorant but it is blatantly promoting hatred! the idea of stopping immigration due to disease and values opposing those of the united states would be laughable if it wasn’t so offensive to what occurred throughout the history of the united states . has he never been told what happened to the indigenous ppls when exposed to the european immigrants who invaded and went to war with sovereign nations that had been established for centuries? his denial of hate crimes is, in this gal’s opinion, his consent to lynchings, racially motivated violence that is occurring daily throughout this country.